I am assuming that you ARE networking somewhere! You had better be – it is the best way to meet new people and build those relationships that turn into repeat sales and referrals. Now the question is – What do you bring, pass out or display when you network?
Obviously, you are going to bring a lot of business cards. What else can you pass out that will be memorable or useful for the people you meet?
What can you develop, create, write or design that is creative, useful, and something that people (meaning your target market, not just anyone) will want? This item should also be easy for you to print, buy, and/or reproduce at a low cost.
This does not mean, for example, that if you are a mortgage consultant or realtor, that you should develop a list of homes that have sold in the area last month or a sheet with today’s rates on it. That is no fun and people really will not care about that. Instead, it means to create something that is truly unique.
The following are some examples that you could tweak for your business.
- A checklist of things people need to know in regards to your product or service.
- The top 5 -10 mistakes people make in their ____________ (fill in the blank).
- The top 3 things to do in your ___________ (fill in the blank) to make more (money, save time, etc.).
- A list of resources that pertain to your business somewhat, but that are useful to help others save time or money.
- A Special Report on _____________ (fill in the blank) whatever ‘hot buttons’ your target market has regarding your product and/or service).
- ____________ (fill in the blank) Guide or Worksheet
- A list of questions to get people thinking (before they buy a certain product or service for example).
- A CD recording of yourself providing tips or free advice.
I also distribute little books to put your business cards in (mine are red and black with my Web site and logo on the front of the holder to match my brand). I have found that people love these. I also try to give them to ‘newbie’ networkers since they do not hold that many cards. More established networkers need much larger books.
Consider talking to a promotional products company. Brainstorm with them to select something that is creative (other than pens, paper, magnets, and calendars) that you can distribute. Be sure that it is something people will want to hold on to, keep handy or pass on. Take some time making your selection. If you do not, you will just end up ordering the same old pens – BORING!
For more information about coaching go online and fill out my Free Biz Quiz at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.
© Copyright 2011 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website please include the following blurb: Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker and International JumpStart Your Biz Coach who’s helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and their personal life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself business-building products. She’s been featured on various news talk shows and radio shows including Oprah and Friends XM Radio. Go online now to get started with her F.ree Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at http://www.