I finally am home, got a little caught up, met with some clients and now’s the time to write more about my trip to Chicago to the Oprah Winfrey Show!
Well, like I mentioned in an earlier post – it’s all about setting your intentions…and if you’re clear on what you want, the universe will provide right?
Let’s see how I did on my intentions….I’m posting what I said at the beginning of my trip what they were and then in blue, I’m noting the result for each.
So, my intentions for this Oprah Trip were (as I noted before) as follows:
- “Be” Myself, Be Kat – of course I was, true and true
- Have fun, relax – I did just that, I made the most of my trip cuz I can sleep when I’m dead!
- Inspire and motivate others – I did this too, I spoke to many people at the networking event I went to with my client – one young guy who was pretty new to ‘networking’ I taught him a few things, then at the ewomennetwork event – I know I inspired at least 7 or 8 women with my story why I was there and even in the waiting room at the Oprah Show I was able to inspire a few women entrepreneurs with some creative new ideas for their businesses!!
- Be inspired and open to learning new things and thoughts – I was definitely inspired by Oprah’s employees – they all seemed to love their job and working for her, Sandra, the CEO of eWomenNetwork always inspires me when she talks and another few gals inspired me to be even bigger than I was thinking I was (one of them called me a celebrity!)
- Be open to possibilities and all opportunities that may come – yep, I was always looking and open and many surfaced in fact (I left the ‘expectations’ at home)
- Get one or more radio show interviews on Oprah and Friends – well and here I thought this might come in due time with consistent follow up after the visit but to my surprise I was interviewed right on the spot the day I was in the studio!!
- Be memorable with Corny (Oprah’s Radio Show Producer) – I think I was, I’ve already been in touch…I told stories of women I’d worked with and what they’d accomplished, I told her my vision for inspiring, motivating and educating women entrepreneurs around the world on how to build their business around the lifestyle they want to lead (she loves empowering women!)
- Obtain multiple media contacts through Corny – not so much as of yet but it’s not over…I feel that this experience and the benefits of this will stretch for years to come; I do have her contact, the other radio producer and also a tv show producer too
- Be singled out on the Oprah show, on air by Oprah as the Entrepreneur who paid $50K for the chance to meet her – ok, this was the big one and no, it didn’t happen HOWEVER….I believe it was supposed to happen …. and unfortunately I didn’t get a critical email in time that may have made this intention come true….so oh well, I can’t lose sleep over it.
- Make 10-20 new HOT connections – sure I did, at first I thought that would be a lot for where I was going and what I was doing but no, I made at least that many and I’ve already followed up on most of them! (this takes time and persistence however!!)
- Build my list with 20-30 new people – I’ve got about 10 to add to my email but more will come, I can feel it
- Prospect for 2 new clients (remember I’m going to an ewomennetwork event while I’m here too) – I have a couple in the works!!
- Talk to Sandra Yancey (at the ewn event) about being a speaker at the 2009 Annual Conference in Dallas – oh yeah baby, this was definitely going to happen, the feelers are out there, now we have to wait and see!!! Cross your fingers!!
Not too bad if I say so myself….and if I’d even thought BIGGER!!! I may have achieved more gosh darn it; that’s what I get for playing small….I thought this was big! It’s hard to think big isn’t it; how big is really big anyway???
Ok so I went back and added a bunch of pictures to each Oprah Update posting, the ones from when I was in Chicago, so you can see more of me and my trip – enjoy!!
– Kat Out